Entrepreneurs are always busy trying to run their companies… from answering the phone to taking out the trash… So sometimes we all need to remember what matters and what moves the needle.
Here are 10 things I think you should consider… Go light it up.
1. Taking risks is the #1 priority.
2. Re-read #1.
3. Momentum is your friend. You often have to “create it” with activity and effort. Don’t expect to “go viral”… work so hard that it just happens.
4. There needs to be a formula (MK was 1000 doors, $20,000 per door… Facebooks is expose each person to 7 friends within 10 days). Formulas drive tactics and strategy.
5. Don’t do anything big until you believe in your product… when you do, get it out in influential hands immediately, and often.
6. To make a great product you have to invest, try new things, test things, break things, fix things and repeat. This is a never ending process and you have to commit to it.
7. You (founders) are the best salesmen. Be vocal, be accessible… Be everywhere.
8. Work with only the best people. Be picky. (Hire slow and fire fast)
9. I love the saying that you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with… WOW, be picky about that for sure.
10. Your gut is often good, but test it, look at the data everyday and don’t have too much ego to change directions or say you were wrong… Winning is more important than saying “I knew I was right”… Just win!
Photo credit: herval